If you are a publisher looking for a faster and more efficient way to align content but you do not want to outsource, we have the perfect solution.
ExACT, the EdGate DIY alignment tool was developed to empower publishers with the ability to correlate their unique content to standards. Using ExACT, publishers are able to use the same robust technology that EdGate uses. Publishers who are aligning content state-by-state now have a way to globally correlate their content to all appropriate standards in one fell swoop!
How does it work?
The framework upon which ExACT was developed is EdGate's Concept Index. The Concept Index is a taxonomical list of educational concepts (terms) that was designed and built on K12 standards and has been refined and improved year after year. The list of terms which has been aligned to all standards in our repository is what ties everything together and allows for a global alignment to all standards.
The user simply chooses the concept(s) they want to 'tag' the item to and hits 'submit'. It is at that point that the item is correlated to any/all standards containing the same concept(s). The correlation remains in 'Pending' status until the designated Administrator, a publisher staff member, reviews and authorizes the alignment.
What are the benefits?
- Manage the correlations in-house;
- Globally align content such as a single item or multiple resources either by standard(s) or concept(s);
- The tool features dynamic ways to perform searches and filter your content based on Grade, Subject, and Key Term;
- Save time and money by not being forced to correlate state-by-state;
- Save time and money by not being forced to re-correlate each time a state makes changes to the standards. The alignments are maintained by EdGate so when standards are updated they are automatically and seamlessly reflected in the correlation performed by the publisher;
- The correlations can be fully integrated into your system;
If you have considered aligning your content to all states but are struggling with the time, resources and budget to do so, please contact us.